AG320 Universal Silicone Adhesive Sealant 10.5floz
- Fast Cure
- Semi Permanent Flexible,
- Durable, Elasticity,
- 8.4 fl.oz.
- %100 Silicone
- Long elongation.
- High elasticity.
- Contains protectives against mold and bacterial spoilage.
- Acetoxy curing.
- Strong bonding even on smooth and shiny surfaces.
Low Odor: Adhesive Guru Universal Silicone Adhesive Sealants 100% silicone polymer and includes solvents and additives. This silicone caulk is low odor so You won’t have to deal with strong or hazardous chemical smells when using our sealant.
Safe For Outdoors: When properly applied, our weather shield silicone sealant is suited for outdoor usage. The silicone caulk is waterproof and resists degradation form the sun’s UV rays. It won’t yellow over time and will hold steady in place.
Flexible and Strong Sealant: When used to seal gaps and fill in cracks, being both strong and flexible, Our 100% clear silicone sealant stays firmly in place without shrinking or cracking.
Easy To Use And Clean Up: This 100% silicone is simple to apply, and rain-ready in 24-48 hours. To use the silicone sealant, you will need to clamp the surfaces together while the clear silicone dries. Remove excess silicone with mineral spirits.
Multiple Applications: The weather shield silicone can be used in a variety of different projects. The silicone caulk is perfect to fill sink and shower gaps, or to seal cracks around windows. Do not use the clear silicone on mirrors.
AG320 SILICONE SEALANT FAQs
- What is Adhesive Guru AG320 Silicone Sealant?: It is a type of adhesive or caulking material that is commonly used for sealing joints, gaps, and cracks in various surfaces.
- How does it work? It works by creating a durable and flexible bond between two surfaces. It cures with an acetoxy system, by exposure to moisture in the air. It forms a waterproof seal.
- What is the content?: 100% Silicone polymer. It does not contain acrylic.
- In which areas can I use it?: You can use it for filling sinks, shower gaps, backsplashes, baseboards, and bathtubs. It is also suitable for sealing cracks around windows and for bonding glass, aluminum, and metal in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Which surfaces can I use AG320 Silicone Sealant on?: Can be used on a wide range of surfaces, including glass, ceramic, metal, wood, most plastics, PVC, rockwool, glazings, acrylic, aluminum, Styrofoam, laminated surfaces, and certain types of fabric.
It is advisable to check the compatibility of the Silicone Sealant with the specific surface or material you intend to use it on before application, as there may be isolated exceptions.
- Which materials are not recommended to be used with it?: Not recommended for use on certain materials such as natural stone (e.g., marble, granite) or certain plastics (e.g., polyethylene, polypropylene) and mirrors. The chemicals in the Silicone Sealant can potentially react with or cause damage to these materials.
- How long does it take for AG320 Silicone Sealant to dry?: It can vary depending on factors such as humidity, temperature, and the thickness of the applied layer. It usually dries to touch within approximately 1 hour after application. However, it takes around 24 to 48 hours to fully cure.
- How deep can I apply AG320 Silicone Sealant?: It depends on its intended use. In general, it is suitable for sealing gaps or joints with a depth of up to 1/2 inch (12.7 mm).
- What tools do I need for applying AG320 Silicone Sealant?: You will need a cartridge cutter or a sharp utility knife to cut the tip of the cartridge. A caulking gun is essential for dispensing the silicone sealant from the cartridge, allowing for precise and controlled application. It is advisable to use protective gear such as gloves and safety goggles to protect your hands and eyes during the application process. Additionally, depending on your needs, you can also use surface preparation tools, caulk finishing tools, and smoothing tools.
- What is the recommended application temperature range?: +40 and +90 degrees Fahrenheit.
Before use: The surfaces to be applied must be clean and dry. Mask the edges of the joints with adhesive tape.
How to use: Open the tube by cutting off the end. Cut the end of the nozzle and attach it to the tube. Insert the tube into a caulking gun. Apply the product to the application surface.
After use: Smooth the Silicone with soapy water immediately after application. Remove the adhesive tape and smooth it again. Then use clamps to hold the surfaces together until it is cured.
- How do I clean up AG320 Silicone Sealant after application?
Before it dries, you can remove excess silicone mechanically with a caulking tool or by using mineral spirits.
After it dries,
- Mechanical Removal: Use a sharp tool, such as a plastic scraper or a razor blade, to carefully scrape off the cured sealant. Be cautious not to damage the underlying surface.
- Solvent-Based Cleaners: Some solvent-based cleaners, such as isopropyl alcohol or acetone, can help soften and dissolve the Silicone Sealant. Apply the solvent to a cloth and gently rub the sealant until it begins to break down. Always test the solvent on a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure it doesn't damage the surface. Additionally, you can also use commercially available silicone sealant removers.
- Is it mold-free? Yes
- Is it water-resistant?: Yes
- Is it paintable?: No
- How should AG320 Silicone Sealant be stored?: Store in a cool and dry place between +40 and +75 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep it in a secure location out of the reach of children and pets.
- What is the shelf life of AG320 Silicone Sealant?: 18 months under suitable storage conditions. The date of production and serial number are on the package.
- What are the disposal conditions for the product?: Dispose of the contents and container at a hazardous or special waste collection point in accordance with local, regional, national, and/or international regulations.
- What are common mistakes when using Silicone Sealant?:
- Insufficient surface preparation: Failing to clean and dry the surface properly before applying the sealant can hinder adhesion.
- Over-application or excessive use: Using too much sealant can result in messy application, wastage, and longer curing times.
- Inadequate tooling or smoothing: Properly tooling the sealant with a tool or finger helps achieve a neat finish and improve adhesion.
- Not allowing sufficient curing time: Silicone sealant requires time to fully cure and develop its maximum strength. Rushing to use or expose the sealant to stress before it is fully cured can compromise its performance.
- Failure to follow storage instructions: Improper storage, exposure to extreme temperatures, or using expired sealant can affect its quality and effectiveness.
In conclusion, why should I choose the Adhesive Guru AG320 Silicone Sealant?: Should be chosen because it is of high quality and contains 100% silicone polymer, without any acrylic content. It has a low chemical odor and is easy to use and clean. With its high viscosity and thixotropic properties, it can be easily applied to vertical surfaces. Additionally, it won't yellow over time and provides a combination of strength and flexibility, making it a reliable choice for various applications.